Permanent Associate, Information Technology
Bridge believes every child has the right to high quality education and works in partnership with governments, communities, parents and teachers to deliver education to over 100,000 children in underserved communities across Africa and Asia.
Bridge leverages in-depth teacher training and support, advanced lesson plans and wireless technology to provide pupils with a meaningful and life-changing education. With plans to enroll ten million students ten years from now, Bridge offers a tremendous opportunity to grow with one of the world’s most exciting and ambitious social enterprises, with leadership roles available across a number of competencies and geographies.
About the Role
Ife/ Modakeke/ Ikire/ Oshogbo, Osun State
The IT Department is responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and for providing efficient desktop and mobile support to all business users. The department is also responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision throughout the business.
The IT Associate, will ensure the provision of superior customer service throughout the business, through the maintenance, enhancement and efficient operation of IT functions. Additionally, the role will include responsibility for ensuring the security and integrity of IT operations and systems.
The flexibility to work outside normal business hours is integral to this role, as is the ability to work under broad direction and minimal supervision.
What You Will Do
The role holder will work collaboratively within the IT Team to achieve the following:
- Provide first point of IT Support contact for all Bridge staff, covering all PC hardware, software, smartphones and tablets, as well as any associated peripherals.
- Deploy computers and associated peripherals including new installations and redeployment of existing equipment.
- Install and configure operating systems and software to agreed standards under the direction of the IT Manager and other immediate supervisors.
- Maintain existing equipment to standards determined by the IT Manager, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures.
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software, and ensuring that records are kept up-to-date within the service desk system.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate to colleagues, suppliers or partner organizations as required.
- Log all incidents and service requests in Bridge’s designated service desk system, where necessary login on behalf of Bridge staff
- Manage service desk tickets, planning and prioritizing systematically to minimize backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the integrity of the Bridge network is not compromised.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to the relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
- Work with colleagues to monitor performance of Bridge systems, ensuring that issues are appropriately escalated and resolved.
- Provide technical assistance to project teams and undertake technical project roles when required.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement within the IT Department.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with key suppliers, conducting dealings in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Provide at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
- Self-motivated and result driven with high integrity and adaptable to a fast changing work environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional self-confidence and interpersonal skills, and experience in cross-cultural team work within a fast-paced environment
- Must be highly driven, organized and a great team player
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Able to operate with minimal supervision
- Able to manage time effectively and set priorities appropriately
- Troubleshoot issues in all our academies as assigned by supervisor
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC/Mac hardware
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards
- Software and hardware troubleshooting
- Windows desktop (7/8/10) experience
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013 support
- Active Directory administration
- Experience working and training on a variety of IT subjects and applications
- First degree in Information Technology with 1-3 years experience
Application closing date: Not Specified