Full-Time Business Development Manager, Cloud Solutions
Technically, VDT’s Operations team operates 98 Points Of Presence (POP’s) across the country with 40 of them manned. Our location spread across all 36 state of Nigeria and the FCT. This ensures that we deliver premium result across Nigeria while at the same time maintain local presence and competence to provide prompt and almost at-the-touch-of-the-button services (surveys, to installations and maintenance/support) to our Customers. With constant training and knowledge of state of the art, frequently manufactured equipment, our Operations team, headed by seasoned Regional Managers are highly competent to constantly deliver on the ever changing technological environment.
This role is responsible for creating a pipeline of new Cloud Solutions opportunities through innovative activities. The preferred candidate must be able to demonstrate thought-leadership through creative ideas that will enable the VDT achieve its Cloud Solutions revenue target.
- Understand the structure of the major stakeholders in the business
- Aware of the workings of the main stakeholders in the business
- Understand the meaning of terms and terminology used in Cloud Solutions marketing
- Aware of economic trends within the IT/Telecoms industry
- Understand the dependencies and the various factors that interplay in the Cloud Services value chain
- Identify, develop, engage and close Cloud Solutions sales pipeline with ISVs and Cloud providers of all types, all types ranging from early stage, evolving companies to traditional and more established enterprises
- Cultivate prospects into paying-clients through solution oriented consultation
- Identify the peculiar IT/business challenge of each client and work with the Pre-sales unit to design appropriate technology solutions
- Maximize new sales and cross-selling opportunities for VDT Cloud Solutions by initiating and developing relationship with influential decision-makers at all levels.
- Submit regular reports to management regarding sales opportunity-pipeline & forecasts Add value in the development/design of VDT Cloud Solutions, by providing Management with insight on market trends and customers’ preferences
- Develop new business and service revenue source concerning cloud computing with server-compute-as-a-service, disaster recovery-as-a-service and backup-as-a-service offerings
- Enhance the company’s competitive positioning by creating winning sales proposals that articulate VDT’s value proposition
- Build in-depth knowledge of clients’ technical and business priorities, challenges and initiative that can be translated into Cloud Solution opportunities.
- Work closely with the Pre-sales and other technical teams to develop a bouquet of cloud & converged solutions for B2B customers
- Challenge customers’ assumptions and engage them in constructive dialogue about their business and technology.
- Track the efficacy of various marketing programs and drive accountability for VDT’s Cloud Business
- Assume responsible for profitability of VDT’s Cloud portfolio
- Maintain and develop a network of business-contacts/referral-resources which could be used to increase patronage for our Cloud Solutions
- Provide useful BI data through the daily use of Salesforce CRM for tracking of sales pipeline, forecasting, relationship management etc.
- Keep in regular contact with clients to oversee their success & resolve their problems – thus ensuring renewal revenue
- Ensure uptime of service monitoring screens
- Ensure all service Systems/Servers are working fine
- Ensure the Maintenance of proper environmental condition in the equipment room
- Participate in various marketing activities, including the preparation and delivery of presentations to prospective clients.
- Review and generate appropriate reports on project scope, timeline, budget, etc.
- Supervise and maintain control of multiple projects and assignments including work-scheduling, supervision of staff and billing
- Take ownership of Cloud OEM issues and work with the appropriate internal teams to resolve them
- Perform a bouquet of business activities, including: negotiation of terms, collaboration with internal constituents (e.g., product management, engineering, legal, finance, and marketing teams), and developing unique models with prospects and customers
Qualified applicants should send CV to email@example.com on or before 16th February 2018