Full Time Fiber Network Engineer
Technically, VDT’s Operations team operates 98 Points Of Presence (POP’s) across the country with 40 of them manned. Our location spread across all 36 state of Nigeria and the FCT. This ensures that we deliver premium result across Nigeria while at the same time maintain local presence and competence to provide prompt and almost at-the-touch-of-the-button services (surveys, to installations and maintenance/support) to our Customers. With constant training and knowledge of state of the art, frequently manufactured equipment, our Operations team, headed by seasoned Regional Managers are highly competent to constantly deliver on the ever changing technological environment.
This role is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing active network infrastructure and also to ensure that the access network equipment, Optical Line Terminal (OLT) and the accessories performance meets company’s standard and customer’s satisfaction.
- Conduct site surveys for study and planning of new FTTH deployment.
- Conduct & oversee last mile survey for GPON customer to produce survey reports & the bill of quantity (BoQ) to deliver the service.
- Prepare Low Level Design of Civil and Fiber Infrastructure for Optical Distribution Network (ODN) deployment to cover future demands.
- Plan FTTH Optical Distribution Network (ODN), Cost estimation, Route Selection, optical fiber Management and Fiber Link Power Budget.
- Prepare detailed FTTH design drawings including duct layouts and cabling layouts.
- Prepare High Level project scope description.
- Prepare fiber cabling and splice plans for FTTH projects
- Inspect site with OSP technician and contractor after project authorization.
- Prepareimplementation plan for both last mile connection and major project
- Update all as-built drawing
- Ensure that redundant route are up always
- Carry out termination & splicing of fiber optic cables.
- Maintain splicing records and schematics diagrams.
- Carry out link activation at client end
- Operate and maintain OFC instrument such as OTDR, power meter, and Splicing machine
- Write weekly report on all activities and conditions of the cable route
- Ensure that all fiber customers are up and active all the time
- Minimum requirements are HND /B.Engr in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering/Computer Science, Information Systems/ Physics electronics
- Certified Fiber Optic Specialist/Home (CFOS/H) or Certified Fiber Characterised Engineer (CFCE) is an added advantage
- 2-3 years field and practical experience in fiber installation supervision
- Experience using CAD (Autocad, Visio, Google earth) and Microsoft office software
- Excellent communication skill
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- General Networking knowledge
- Good knowledge of Fibre Optic Technology
- FTTH Network Architecture Analytical ability
- Creativity & Flexibility
- Ability to work under pressure
- Honesty & Integrity
Application closes on 9th February 2018. Qualified and Interested employee should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org