Full Time Finance Associate
Bridge believes every child has the right to high quality education and works in partnership with governments, communities, parents and teachers to deliver education to over 100,000 children in underserved communities across Africa and Asia.
Bridge leverages in-depth teacher training and support, advanced lesson plans and wireless technology to provide pupils with a meaningful and life-changing education. With plans to enroll ten million students ten years from now, Bridge offers a tremendous opportunity to grow with one of the world’s most exciting and ambitious social enterprises, with leadership roles available across a number of competencies and geographies.
About the Role
The Finance Associate plays a critical part of daily Finance functions. The Finance Associate will play a critical part in implementing Finance policies and interacting with external business partners and internal departments. The Finance Associate should expect to work in a very fast-paced environment supporting a company that is constructing 150 academies a year. The right hire for this position is driven, competitive, analytical, attentive, resourceful, organized and constantly seeking improvement. He or she pays attention to detail and is proficient at ERP systems and excel. The ideal candidate needs to have a flexible schedule and is willing to put in additional hours.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare and enter journal entries and adjustments into the accounting system
- Checking daily banking and reconciling bank accounts
- Participate in the preparation of monthly financial statements, reconciliations and reports
- Review and management of general ledger accounts
- Ensuring purchase order, receiving and invoices are matched
- Review and process bank and electronic payments
- Ensuring proper documentation and filing of all paperwork
- Reviewing all payments requests are in adherence to Finance policies
What You Should Have: `
- At least 2 years of experience in Finance and Accounting
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment with a very unpredictable schedule
- Degree in a business/finance related field
- ICAN/ACCA membership will be an advantage
- Proficiency in excel and ERP systems
- Strong communication skills
- Highly motivated to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a startup or social enterprise.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any enterprise from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often challenging, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
Application closing date: Not Specified