Full Time Financial Accounting Manager, Lagos – Cummins
Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. By working to coordinate the production, shipment, and delivery of the goods & Customer Service Support required to meet their business needs, Cummins Inc. has been able to more easily meet the demands of their customers.
- Responsible for implementing accounting practices and procedures. Supervises a group of general accountants or accounting clerks in maintaining the general ledger.
- Supervises a group of general accountants or accounting clerks in maintaining the general ledger.
- Implements accounting policies under direction of the General Accounting Manager.
- Implements processes and procedures that properly capture, track, and report revenue and expenditures.
- Compiles, reviews, analyzes, and records complex financial information.
- Reviews account reconciliations prepared by accountants and accounting clerks.
- Reviews and interprets balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Identifies control weaknesses, communications to management, and operates in a lead capacity in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls and mitigate risk.
- Conducts research and analysis on advanced issues.
- Designs, modifies, installs, and/or maintains accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- Coaches and mentors general accountants and accounting clerks; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Progress toward Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant or similar certification preferred.
- Intermediate level of relevant professional work experience in the field of study required, including some supervisory experience.
Primary Location Nigeria-Lagos-Lagos-Island-Nigeria, Lagos, PGBU
Job Type Experienced – Professional / Office
Recruitment Job Type Professional – Experienced
Req ID: 180001IK
Application closing date: Not specified