Full Time Head of Programs
Ovie Brume Foundation is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization that works in the area of education, secure livelihoods, sports and culture. Our vision is to create an environment where Nigerian youth have easy access to the information and resources required for personal development and success. Thus Ovie Brume Foundation designs and facilitates community-level and facility-based programming in its 4 core areas of focus to communities, young people and funding agencies interested in innovative, effective and sustainable development.
Position title: Head of Programs
Reporting to: Executive Director
Position Summary: The Head of Programs oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, leading, and monitoring & evaluation of program activities. Thus is directly responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of all organization’s programs in accordance with National policies and standards in the 4 core areas. S/he works within the guidelines, strategies, policies, mission and vision of the Foundation. As a member of the management team s/he participates in high level management meetings, strategic planning processes and is responsible for achieving specific targets and projects as assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Head of Programs for Ovie Brume Foundation will performs a wide range of duties including the following:
Fundraise for Program
- Develop fund raising strategy for program
- Develop corporate fundraising programs
- Develop and maintain media contact lists for programs.
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Recruit sponsors, participants, or volunteers for fundraising events.
Plan the Program
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission, vision and the goals of the organization;
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization on an annual basis;
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of programs;
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support programs on an annual basis;
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of current programs and identify areas for improvement by First Quarter of 2017
- Develop 3 funding proposals on a quarterly basis for programs to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
Organize the Program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization by First Quarter of 2017;
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards in Nigeria by First Quarter of 2017;
- Develop forms and records to document program activities by First Quarter of 2017;
Staff the Program
- In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff, volunteers and interns;
- In consultation with the Executive Director, mentor, coach and discipline program staff, volunteers and interns;
- Implement the human resources policies, procedures and practices of the organization;
- Ensure that personnel files for programs are properly maintained and kept confidential;
- Establish and implement a performance management process for all program staff, in line with policies of the organization;
- Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices;
- Ensure that all program staff receives appropriate orientation to the organization and programs.
Lead the Program
- Keep up to date on 4 core program areas in terms of developments, national and international standards;
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance current practices, organizational standards and policies;
- Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and feedback;
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program, increase partnerships and to solicit input to improve the program;
- Liaise with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery;
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Coordinate the Program
- Write reports on the program for management and for funders;
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements;
- Ensure that the program operate within the approved budget;
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures;
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the Executive Director on a regular basis (monthly);
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date (monthly);
- Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for funders are prepared as outlined in funding agreements;
- Provide required information to have invoices generated and submitted to funders according to the established timelines.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks;
- Monitor the program activities on a regular/routine basis (monthly) and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework;
- Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
- Undergraduate and Post-graduate University degree in Social Sciences, Educational Management or Project Management or Related Fields.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Good Knowledge of Program Management and Project Management Cycle.
- Track record of grants and program management.
- Knowledge of community organization, community diagnosis and community mobilization is imperative.
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation frameworks and M & E procedures.
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word processing
- Simple accounting
The Head of Programs should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the programs forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- 7 to 9 years experience in a related field.
- Head of Programs will work in an office environment but the activities of the organization may sometimes take s/he to non-standard workplaces, which may include working on the Field.
- Head of Programs work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to monitor program activities.
- To be negotiated.
Application Closing Date
- 13th February 2018.
How to Apply
All qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com Note: Candidates should provide at least 3 referees.