Full Time Health Safety Security & Environment (HSSE) Manager: Ghana Inland Services
For further information, please contact: [email protected]
• Strives for HSSE excellence to ensure a safe working environment.
• Implements Global/Region policies, guidelines and strategies.
• Develops and transfers world-class HSSE capabilities, competencies and expertise to the local business.
• Assists MD in implementing company governance and compliance policies.
• Working in an exciting Inland Services entity team geared for growth.
• Exposure to Inland Services management & HSSE planning.
• Exciting changing environment in a multi-national environment.
• Ensure contractor compliance in respect of all HSSE matters.
• Ensure that contractor’s health and safety policies, procedures and systems are in place and are in accordance with APMT standards prior to access to the Facilities.
• Assist and support contractors in the preparation of risk assessments and safe working procedures.
• Monitor the availability and appropriateness of risk assessments and safe working procedures.
• Assist facility security with outsourced providers.
• Develop procedures to ensure that contractors, suppliers, consultants and visitors to the facilities comply with relevant legislation and APMT global HSSE standards.
• Ensure compliance with the company’s Permit to Work system for contractors.
• Ensure compliance to the OHS Act in terms of contractor management, including by not limited to contractor written agreements, safety file, risk assessments, method statement, safety policy, safety plan and organogram are in place for all contractors.
• Ensure, the facilities contractor safety files are maintained and in line with legal requirements
• Support in the development, monitoring and review of entire risk assessment process.
• Assist management and workforce personnel in the identification and control of potential risk-sources.
• Devise, develop and monitor effective risk management strategies and make recommendations on the implementation of these strategies.
• Maintain and review the Risk Register and associated Risk Assessments and Control Implementation Plans.
• Conduct regular risk management forums and training sessions with teams .
• Track and effectively manage high the red risks through the company’s Project Management System, Workfront.
• Conducts fire prevention inspections in the facilities and Corporate Office in accordance with fire prevention regulations.
• Coach, support and train all managers and employees in HSSE matters and compliance.
• Identify HSSE training needs and co-ordinate interventions.
• Training and development related strategies.
• Align and integrate regional and group HSSE strategy and engage with stakeholders on implementation
• Propose annual HSSE strategy and plan to Management team.
• Plan, implement and co-ordinate strategic and practical HSSE programmes.
• Develop and execute HSSE plan in accordance with business plan.
• Lead and ensure that audit standards are met.
• Strategy implementation.
• Plan and implement Facility specific HSSE objectives and programmes.
• Establish periodic HSSE milestones to be achieved.
• Incorporate best practice and proven leading research into HSSE.
• Analyse audit results and bring vision in the analysis of incidents and suggest solutions for improvement.
• Support the business unit in the development of HSSE functional goals, strategies, and plans needed to achieve the HSSE vision and build the capabilities to enable optimal delivery with input from relevant stakeholders.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement process and to the meeting of business objectives in aligning with the company’s functional and business strategy.
• Advise all Managers on HSSE matters and ensure the implementation of recommendations.
• Compile and manage annual HSSE action plans per Facility through the companies reporting tool.
• Conduct audits, review audit findings and manage compliance with action items.
• Ensure that all incident investigations are handled effectively and in accordance with the APMT global HSSE standards.
• Ensure that incident investigation reports are developed timely and that the corrective/preventative actions have symmetry to the root causes.
• Ensure that lessons learned from High Potential and High Severity Incidents are applicability applied and embedded.
• Compile and circulate best practices and shared learning reports regarding all incidents.
• Drive and ensure alignment in respect of all statutory obligations and compliance with local legislation and APMT global HSSE standards.
• Advise on safety aspects with regards to the use of equipment and systems within the Facilities.
• Monitor the effectiveness of all HSSE representatives and conduct regular meetings.
• Ensure that all HSSE appointments are trained, appointments in place and that duties reflect in Job Description.
• Maintain incident statistics, analyse trends and propose/take remedial action.
• Prepare monthly HSSE reports for all Facilities.
• Monitor the consistent application of HSSE policies, standards and procedures.
• Evaluate the aspects of HSSE in tender documents together with project team.
• Implement and manage HSSE projects as and when required/in accordance with strategy.
• Maintenance and monitoring of safety systems in place.
• Development, implementation and monitoring of safe systems of work to align with the Company’s Safety Management System.
• Support operations in the implementation and revision of SOPs.
• Provides supervision and direction for the Security staff
• Assist with formalities with port security.
• Advises all shifts on current issues affecting the security of the Facilities.
• Prepares shift schedules for the security section.
• Supervises the shifts by conducting routine patrols of the Facilities.
• Provides advice to department heads on issues relating to security.
We are looking for
• Preferably a university degree in logistics, mining, maritime and port, or process/industrial engineering or its equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years HSSE hands on management experience in Transport & Logistics, Construction, Maritime, Mining or Manufacturing industries.
• A good understanding of the role of HSSE in a container terminal environment.
• Professional certification, preferably Nebosh or its equivalent.
• Root cause analysis training.
• Proven management skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Efficiency in processing paperwork.
• Excellent business administration skills.
• Energetic, dynamic, driven, positive, enthusiastic.
• Ability to think laterally and to act through reasonable decision making.
• Ability to implement and manage change in the organization.
• Ability to influence and lead.
• Commercial awareness.