Full Time Learning and Development Manager, West Africa
SABMiller plc was a multinational brewing and beverage company headquartered in Woking, England on the outskirts of London until 10 October 2016 when it was acquired by Anheuser-Busch InBev. Prior to that date, it was the world’s second-largest brewer measured by revenues (after Anheuser-Busch InBev) and was also a major bottler of Coca-Cola.Its brands included Fosters, Miller, and Pilsner Urquell.It operated in 80 countries worldwide and in 2009 sold around 21 billion litres of beverages. SABMiller Procurement sources an extensive range of materials and services. This includes brewing materials, packaging, capital equipment, marketing materials and business services.
Career opportunity exist for a highly skilled and result driven Learning & Development Manager, West Africa reporting directly to People Continuity Director, Africa (solid line) and People Director, West Africa (dotted line). The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of competency in the Business Unit in line with the Africa Zone L&D Strategy and best practice.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of competency in the Business Unit in line with the Africa Zone L&D Strategy and best practice, customise, implement and deliver business unit specific learning processes, tools and learning content to support the development of BU capability.
Amongst other duties, the job holder will;
- Responsible for the professional and functional development and continuous learning of Commercial employees in the BU
- Design and implement highly effective, results-driven training and development strategies for the BU together with the Zone
- Identify training and development requirements by conducting needs analysis on organization results, job requirements, operational problems, company plans and forecasts, and current training programs
- Establishes and communicates learning and development goals and objectives in support of the business strategy together with the BU President
- Define functional annual training business plans and budgets for learning and development activities with the BU Learning and Development Leads
- Defines methodologies, tasks, and activities to deploy, implement, and evaluate programs within the annual learning plan
- Responsible for the application of Global curriculum and source relevant training support from external training providers where required
- Plan and develop learning and staff development programs using knowledge of 70:20:10 and the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, role play, self-study, meetings, conferences, and workshops
- Facilitates and leads Train-The-Trainer (TTT) to get qualified in-house trainers to roll out courses in an efficient and cost effective way
- Manage training resources, including in house trainers and training materials
- Assist in development of BU and BOP training professionals
- Lead, coach and mentor all L&D Specialists in the BU
- Partner with People and business leaders to support development needs
- Review current development programs to ensure adherence to company goals
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant HR or business-related field.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in Learning and Development.
- Has led a team and proven leadership and general management capability
Key competencies and attributes:
- Business Knowledge and acumen
- Performing under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong consulting and facilitation skills and has the ability to persuade and influence others and outcome
- Proven ability to implement and achieve business results through other people
- Superior facilitation and presentation skills
- Effective organizational skills: planning, focus, discipline
- Skill in aligning strategic and operational needs with training programs
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically, while maintaining a cost-conscious and practical approach to using time and resources.
- Knowledge of development planning, including career and organizational development
- Knowledge of adult learning processes, instructional design techniques, and evaluation methodologies.
Work Level: Senior
Salary: Market Related
Location: Lagos – Ikoyi
Application closing date: Not specified