Full Time State Technical Director – Nigeria IHP Task Order 5
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value.
We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Project Overview and Role
The purpose of this Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) Task Order (TO) 5 Contract is to implement priority primary health interventions in Sokoto State to strengthen the state-, LGA-, and ward-level health system as well as strengthen engagement with the state government. The objectives of the program are to (a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care services; (b) improve access to primary health care services; and, (c) increase quality of primary health care services.
The IHP goal is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality primary health care (PHC) services. TO 05 will be USAID’s principal primary health program service delivery activity in Sokoto and will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for primary health care (PHC) services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
- Identify evidence-based innovative approaches to strengthen health systems strengthening interventions including service delivery
- Provide technical assistance to key stakeholders including review of technical documents, and provide input to relevant policies and strategies
- Provide technical assistance and advice on the relevant latest health developments, publications, and other information generation activities being undertaken both in Nigeria and globally
- Provide technical expertise in high-impact RMNCH services and advice on their integration into established service delivery systems at different levels of care
- Collaborate with other stakeholders, including other IHP states, to apply lessons learned, innovations, and cutting-edge quality improvement methods to translate best practices into improved implementation of interventions
- Post-graduate degree in International Health, Epidemiology, Social Sciences, or related discipline
- Progressively responsible, professional-level experience on RMNCH issues
- In-depth understanding of a range of RMNCH interventions
- Specialized Knowledge/Skills
- Strong understanding of global RMNCH policies, strategies and monitoring frameworks
- Experience in innovations and quality improvement is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in the strategic design and implementation of RMNCH
- Nigerian nationals representing the gender, ethnic, and regional diversity of country are strongly encouraged to apply
Application closing date: May 24, 2018