Full Time Payroll Accountant (Human Resources)
Bridge believes every child has the right to high quality education and works in partnership with governments, communities, parents and teachers to deliver education to over 100,000 children in underserved communities across Africa and Asia.
Bridge leverages in-depth teacher training and support, advanced lesson plans and wireless technology to provide pupils with a meaningful and life-changing education. With plans to enroll ten million students ten years from now, Bridge offers a tremendous opportunity to grow with one of the world’s most exciting and ambitious social enterprises, with leadership roles available across a number of competencies and geographies.
Job Title: Payroll Accountant-Based outside Lagos
About the Role:
This is a key role within the finance department.. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the job holder will play a major role in strengthening payroll services in the company. Working closely with school operations, HR and Microsoft Dynamics Navision) ERP Manager, the position holder will create a systematic approach to payroll data gathering, analysis of bi-monthly payroll changes, input of payroll data into Microsoft Dynamics (Navision) payroll module and submission of payroll outputs to the department heads, finance and HR for authorization.
What You Will Do:
- Understand the business and specific operations that generate payroll data, tracking and reporting payroll inputs and outputs into the Navision system
- Review existing payroll systems, documentation and procedures and build improved systems to cope with increasing staff levels across the country.
- Set up clear and well developed payroll data, control and process cycles that will guarantee accuracy, confidentiality, timeliness and audit trails of payroll functions and reports
- Serving as key control review point for all items entering the payroll system and ensure appropriate allocation of payroll costs to departments for analysis and reporting purposes
- Development of tailor made reports and analysis within the Navision payroll module and account schedules and dimensions in line with standard and non routine demands of the finance and non finance team leaders
- Observe and monitor compliance to weekly and monthly payroll cycles and strict deadlines
- Preparation of monthly payroll related statutory returns assuring compliance to all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, payments and submission deadlines
- Lead the preparation of payroll audit files for compliance, internal and external audits
- Reconcile payroll control accounts on a timely basis
- Attend to staff queries and reporting needs of payroll services within standard confidentiality limits
- Build appropriate tools to ensure smooth payroll operations even with high growth of staff and consequent transactions payroll service demand from the business
What You Should Have:
- Foundation to Intermediate levels of ACCA/ CIMA or CPA with excellent academic record and a minimum of 2-3 years work experience in a busy payroll environment with at least 300 full time employees
- Experience in building robust payroll systems in a large organization with proven skills in handling payroll activities and consistently meeting tight payroll deadlines. Experience in a busy HR environment will be preferred.
- High integrity with natural ability to maintain confidentiality and presence of mind when handling payroll and staff matters
- Good communication and presentation skills and high proficiency with multiple details
- Excellent awareness of statutory compliance issues in Kenya and general awareness of labour law and practices
- Ability to plan and manage own workload and coach/mentor team members in order to harmonize work flows and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent hands on MS office suite skills and proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics (Navision) version 2009 will be advantageous
- Ability to use initiative and creative thinking to anticipate issues and develop common sense and practical solutions
- Proactive and self motivated with excellent communication skills
- Confident and flexible team player with great ability to work closely with non finance team members within a multicultural environment
- A “finisher” with the genuine drive and commitment to produce the highest quality work and to deliver technical expertise at all times
- Possession of a current certificate of good conduct will be required before the person is hired
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a startup or social enterprise.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any enterprise from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often challenging, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
Application closing date: Not Specified