Full Time Head Compliance
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) – Our client is one of Nigeria’s leading financial institutions providing insurance and financial services. They offer a range of business and personal insurance services including group life assurance, business travel insurance, mortgage protection, savings plan and credit life.
As part of our client’s mission to creating value and ensuring peace of mind in an uncertain world, it currently seeks a dynamic and competent individual to fill the position below:
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Closing date: 03-Jun-18
Reference Number: 130-PEO00878
Our Client is a Leading Pension fund Custodian licensed by the National Pension Commission (PenCom) to provide custodial services in accordance with the Pension Reform Act 2004.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Carry out compliance audits covering all operational areas
- Provide up-to-date Departmental Operating Manuals/procedures in line with PenCom guidelines and PRA 2014 and secure Board approval for same
- Identify potential problem areas and recommend appropriate solutions
- Continuously monitor and ensure implementation of regulations, codes, rules and regulations, as may be issued from time to time by the Commission
- Advise Management on compliance issues and keep them informed on developments in this area
- Monitor regulatory changes and ensure the dissemination of regulatory updates of regulations, rules or guidelines and periodic compliance changes to concerned offices/officers
- Prepare compliance reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to Management, the Board and the National Pension Commission
- Identify and monitor corporate/investment activities and policy initiatives, as the case may be, with a view to identifying issues and ensuring compliance in accordance with the provisions of the PRA 2004
- Ensure that a suitable code of conduct exists in organisation
- Create and promote a positive compliance attitude and culture within organisation
- Ensure that all investments and other operational transactions comply with all relevant legislations, regulations and policies through appropriate control systems in order to minimize and mitigate risks
- Ensure that information given to customers are clear, straight-forward and not misleading
- Ensure that appropriate remedial or disciplinary action is taken if breaches are identified
- Monitor and test new compliance technologies and procedures such as intelligent transaction monitoring systems etc.
- Ensure that appropriate levels of confidentiality and discretion are maintained throughout the compliance monitoring processes
- Disclose fully and report all violation to appropriate authorities, including the Commission
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Actuarial Science, Auditing, Finance, Economics, Commerce, and Law or in any other numerate or semi-numerate field.
- Minimum of 10 years Post Graduation experience, with at least 8 in the financial sector and 4 years in a senior management position.
- Experience within the Pension Industry is required