Graduate Trainee Reporting Associate, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Job Title: Reporting Associate
Vacancy Notice No: 2018/VA/006
Location: Cross River
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment
Duration of Contract: 6 months (with possible renewal)
Supervisor: Head of Sub Office
Duties And Responsibilities
- General guidance and support are received from the Head of Office. However, the incumbent should be able to work under minimum supervision, be creative and innovative. Guidance may also be given by the various specialised units in the office.
- Within UNHCR: Close contacts with all sections to gather and analyse information.
- With EXTERNAL Parties: All implementing partners and UN agencies to gather analyse and disseminate information about UNHCR activity information.
- Impact of Work: Accurate and well-presented information will promote UNHCR action for refugees, contribute to good decision making, and help for fund-raising.
- Errors can lead to inappropriate action, and impact negatively on UNHCR’s image and affect funding raising efforts
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist the office in drafting the consolidation and analysis data on programme implementation and indicators (nutrition, health, watsan) in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports, i.e. Sitreps, activity-specific reports as may be required;
- Assist in the collection of accurate data for presentation on the maps;
- Prepares draft data for briefing notes, talking points, minutes and other papers for high level meetings and visits.
- Assist in the distribution of minutes of the co-ordination meetings that are held periodically in the country of assignment;
- Collate information for drafting press reports, booklets, etc.
- Perform other duties as required
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training in Social Science, Journalism, Humanities or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of previous relevant job experience.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent drafting skills as well as translation and interpreting skills.
- Proficiency in English with working knowledge of another relevant UN language.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Knowledge of UNHCR programmes and activities;
- Drafting skills.
- Experience in dealing with the public;
- Communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications following the procedures outlined below:
Staff members who wish to be considered for this position should complete and attach a UN Personal History Form(P11) to their written application and send it via email ONLY to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the subject line the vacancy number and title of the position.
External candidates should submit their application/letter of motivation, resume as well as fully completed and signed UN Personal History Form (P11) and send via email ONLY to: email@example.com quoting in the subject line the above vacancy notice number and title of the position.
- There is no need to send other certificates with the application at this stage.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please ensure that you use the attached P11 form for your application
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2018.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about UNHCR Recruitment 2018, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.