Full Time Treasurer
Bridge believes every child has the right to high quality education and works in partnership with governments, communities, parents and teachers to deliver education to over 100,000 children in underserved communities across Africa and Asia.
Bridge leverages in-depth teacher training and support, advanced lesson plans and wireless technology to provide pupils with a meaningful and life-changing education. With plans to enroll ten million students ten years from now, Bridge offers a tremendous opportunity to grow with one of the world’s most exciting and ambitious social enterprises, with leadership roles available across a number of competencies and geographies.
The vision of the department is to always be a valued business support providing high quality and timely financial services
About the Role
The Treasurer reports to the Finance Director and is critical part of daily Finance functions. The Treasurer will play a vital role in improving and maintaining the financial standing of the company. The Treasurer will be responsible for reviewing cash movements, revenue recognition, managing financial risk and ensuring proper cash flow for daily operations. The treasurer should expect to work in a very fast-paced environment supporting a company that is constructing 150 academies a year with over 85,000 customers and continuously growing. The right hire for this position is driven, competitive, analytical, attentive, resourceful, organized and constantly seeking improvement. He or she pays attention to detail and is proficient at ERP systems and excel. The ideal candidate needs to have a flexible schedule and is willing to put in additional hours.
What You Will Do:
- managing daily cash balances and advising on the market fluctuations;
- ensuring that a company’s cash flow is adequate to allow it to operate effectively;
- forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow;
- undertaking risk management activities to protect a company’s financial well-being;
- analysing the impact of financial markets on the performance of products or services;
- creating solutions to new financial challenges by applying financial or treasury knowledge;
- liaising with other departments, such as tax and accountancy, on a range of issues;
- providing advice on financial matters impacting on the company as a whole;
- taking responsibility for, and supervising the work of, more junior members of staff;
- liaising with bankers and maintaining positive working relationships;
- keeping up to date with financial and industry developments;
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant professional qualification
- At least 4 years of treasury experience at a reputable organization
- Experience with international currency preferred
- Deep experience working for a Company with hyper growth and complex challenges across a broad scope of work
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment with a very unpredictable schedule
- Degree in a business/finance related field
- Strong background in financial management systems
- Extremely proficient at excel with a basic understanding of forecasting
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a startup or social enterprise.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any enterprise from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often challenging, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
Application closing date: Not Specified