Full Time Vendor Relationship Manager
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery and others.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey
You will be responsible for business success/continuity by identifying needs based on market trends and vendors performance and focusing on innovative solutions to help the vendors to be successful.
In particular you will:
Animation of the long tail
- Focus on activities that ensure business continuity/sustainability and growth of vendors e.g. Ensuring performance communication, monitoring and improving vendor profitability, sales monitoring etc.
- Responsible and owner of ALL communications going out to vendors
- Engaging vendors via our SM channels ( must ensure effective and lively platform/channels)
- Facilitation of flow of internal communication and synergy between different teams.
- Follow up on vendors to increase business ( SKU, NMV, using innovative ways e.g organize various contests, e.tc)
- Ensure vendors are invited and attend all training sessions organized by the university team
- Monitor and improve vendor sales by providing feedback to vendors
- Create and execute Vendor handover to the HOC team
- Monitor vendor stores and provide expansion and diversification tips to vendors
- Responsible for getting any additional data needed on vendor and assigning vendors who register through the system to various teams
- Ensure compliance with internal systems ( SF)
- Reporting & vendor trend analysis
- Weekly report of teams performance
- Ranking vendors by SKU Sales, NMV, OOS, Returns Rate, Rejection Rate
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in either or of the following – Vendor Hunting, Vendor management, Sales management
- Proven track record in sales, with a demonstrated ability to increase network expansion/volumes.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining customer/client relationships and identifying opportunities to improve business success for both parties.
- Creative communicator with an ability to work across multiple communications channels, including written communications and visual content
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in influencing others to drive results.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Application closing date: Not specified